How to Apply an Everyday Makeup Look

How to Apply an Everyday Makeup Look
Before and After look


Why do women apply makeup?

I could compile the many reasons why just to answer the question. Here are the common ones.

  • One reason is to flatter their best features
  • Another is to cover up their flaws
  • Or tone down the features they're not quite fond of
  • Some would say, to boost their confidence
  • Others, just for the fun of it.

It really doesn't have to take ages to pull off a simple everyday look. A simple make-up routine makes a huge difference to polish your everyday look. It will help you transform from a plain Jane to a stunning Cinderella. It also helps avoid the pale, haggard look. Of course, all of us desire to face the world with our best foot forward.

MY EVERYDAY MAKEUP ROUTINE

After washing-toning-moisturizing, it's time to bring out that inner allure in you.

How to Apply an Everyday Makeup Look
1. Start off by applying foundation. Apply a small amount on your face using whatever tool you are comfortable with and build it up until you are satisfied with the coverage. Lookout for streak marks and don't forget to blend, blend, blend.

#Tip: Make sure to look for a foundation closest to your skin tone to avoid unevenness between the face and the neck.

You might want to check out my post : How to apply liquid foundation.

2. Set it off with powder. Applying face powder gives the look a nice matte finish.

If you've notice, I've skip the concealer part. This is optional but I would recommend you to do this if you have dark spots and flaws that are still visible after applying foundation. This is to be done before setting off with powder.

3. Now it's time to bring in the color. I'd like to start by contouring my face. Using my contour brush or blush brush I'd start off from the lower half of my ears and stop at the middle of my eyes or better yet suck up my cheeks and blend. After doing this, connect it to your jawline and temples. Think of it like drawing a number 3 on each side of your face. I have a round face so this step is important to me.

How to Apply an Everyday Makeup Look

3. Apply blush on your cheeks.

#Tip: If you're using powder blush, wipe off the excess powder using a tissue to make the blush look more natural.

4. Fill in your brows. I'd like to draw on the inner and outer edge of my brows using the brow liner and fill it in by smudging the lines I just draw.

#Tip: Don't over pluck your brows. Thick brows is in right now. It'll take off the years from your face.

4. Apply eyeliner on your upper eyelid. Start on the inner corner of your eyes and work your way out. Wing it, if you'd prefer. Again follow the natural form of your eyes and line it as close to your lashes as possible. It's okay if you couldn't perfect it the first time. Practice! Practice! Practice!

I don't usually apply eyeliner makeup on my lower eyelids, it makes me look tired, lacking enough sleep. Ahahah! I'm going for a simple everyday makeup after all.

5. Curl your lashes and apply mascara.

How to Apply an Everyday Makeup Look

6. Apply lipstick.

How to Apply an Everyday Makeup Look

Then you are ready to go!  Note that steps 3 - 5 can be mixed up according to your preference.

Enjoy!