Historic US Route 66 Williams, Arizona


Have you seen the movie Cars? The setting of this Pixar Animation movie happened in a fictional town called Radiator Springs. It is created as a composite of several real places on Historic US Route 66. 

Yes, Radiator Springs is not a real place, nevertheless, it produces in me a desire to visit one of the towns on Historic US Route 66 someday. I've even penned this travel goal to my Bucket List. :) 

And it happened! Woohoo! Eh, that fast? It's thanks to Frontier Airlines' low fare promotions. Haha. Here we are enjoying an early evening stroll at a town in Williams Arizona. Read on.

Historic US Route 66 Williams, Arizona

Look at that! I'm amazed how they could cut out hills to give way to interstate roads.

Historic US Route 66 Williams, Arizona

Needless Worry on the Way

Gosh, I'm nervous! This is our first-ever road trip in the US. I don't know what to expect since we just relocated to the country early this year, at New Year's eve. Can my husband manage the 5-day drive from Vegas - Arizona - Utah and back? I worried needlessly considering I can't drive.

From Las Vegas, we did a quick stop at the Hoover Dam and continued on our way. A little further down and Google maps stopped working. "What, no signal! Are we in the right way?" I started to panic. My husband reassured me we are on the right route. But, I can't let it go.

"We had to stop by the nearest store and ask for directions!" I insisted to quiet down my uneasiness. My mind wouldn't stop fretting until we spotted a store. We bought knick-knacks and inquired. Thank God, we are right on the route! See, It's just a needless worry. 

We're almost there! Pine trees welcomed us as we make an exit from the interstate road. Scroll down to enjoy a photo tour of the town below.

Historic US Route 66 Williams, Arizona Historic US Route 66 Williams, Arizona Historic US Route 66 Williams, Arizona Historic US Route 66 Williams, ArizonaHistoric US Route 66 Williams, Arizona
Historic US Route 66 Williams, Arizona Historic US Route 66 Williams, Arizona Historic US Route 66 Williams, Arizona
Historic US Route 66 Williams, Arizona Historic US Route 66 Williams, Arizona Historic US Route 66 Williams, Arizona Historic US Route 66 Williams, Arizona
Historic US Route 66 Williams, Arizona

Charming, isn't it?

Eat

We enjoyed an evening dinner at Rod's Steak House. This restaurant serves yummy steaks. It's our new best! It has a thicker cut compared to steaks normally served in other restaurants yet, it is evenly and perfectly cooked. Yes, I'd definitely recommend Rod's Steak House.

Historic US Route 66 Williams, Arizona
Historic US Route 66 Williams, Arizona Historic US Route 66 Williams, Arizona

Sleep

We stayed for the night at Travelodge Williams Grand Canyon. It's no big deal since we're only here to sleep. We'll be early the next day driving to the Grand Canyon National Park.

Historic US Route 66 Williams, Arizona

Did you know, you can take the train from Williams, Arizona to the Grand Canyon? Visit The Grand Canyon Railway's website to learn more.

---

I'm ecstatic to have crossed off an item on my Bucketlist. Yay! I hope our experience at Historic US Route 66 in Williams, Arizona gave you an idea of what to expect during your visit to the area. If you're like me, don't worry and just have fun! You'll eventually get there. Remember, visit Rod's Steak House. Talk to you soon then. ;)